Dblog is the interwebositry for all things creative, inspirational and elegant from D's world of art, design, cinema, T.V., comics, toys and pop culture. Drop me line or an interesting link any time...

29.3.12

D's Poker Face

Every now and again, while working at THQ, I had one of those crazy, challenging but really fun briefs. This was one of them...

As part of an internal 'promotional' video, I had to create a set of mock, giant playing cards using our 2011-2012 lineup as the suites (though of course a 10 and an Ace don't usually have a picture associated with them).

I wanted them to be easily recognisable (both the game and card type) and readable on the small screen. I decided to try and make the style as close to traditional playing cards as possible, including the palette, the mirroring of the image and line style. In fact, the line style was the hardest bit to get right- It looked easy, but there is a certain element of naivety you have to capture in order to make them look 'right'.

Anyways, I was pretty happy with the result, and so was the CEO who had them made up into an actual set of playing cards to be handed out as a promotional gift! I was pretty excited by that...

No comments:

Post a Comment