Dblog is the interwebositry for all things creative, inspirational and elegant from D's world of art, design, cinema, T.V., comics, toys and pop culture. Drop me line or an interesting link any time...

5.12.12

Problems

I first saw Sam Simmons on the Warehouse Comedy Festival. I was very wary at first but as his bizarre and original stream of consciousness unraveled, I could only conclude that he is a genius. Not for everyone but certainly for me. He now has his own sketch show on the ABC (which is really the only source of original Australian comedy for years; Librarians, The Lowdown, Laid etc.) called Problems; each episode taking an otherwise inconsequential 'problem' and turning it into a surreal, snowballing dilemma. Think of an urban Australian, The Mighty Boosh. Check it out on ABC iview... Episode 2 REALLY cracked me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment